Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Long time, no write.... my fault, been off making a living, writing a book, raising my kid, singing, playing, living my life, but now, it's time to start writing about it, too.

I have now watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" 4 times and I have done a juice fast after each viewing. This time, I did a week long one and now, I am ready to go for the real thing - a minimum 30 day fast, max 60 day. I set the initial goal of 30 days, because it feels less daunting. I told my boyfriend today that I was going for 10 days... or maybe I said 15. I said it because 30 sounded like a lot, but you know what? If I don't say it out loud, and become accountable to someone besides myself, then I will only maybe "try" and not just "do."

I realize I am starting this in October - knowing full well that I will be fasting during some of the most yummy months of the year, but in my mind, that is even better. I want to turn this ship around. I want to amaze myself. I am ready. I am having that last glass of wine tonight, that last taste of tomato sauce and then, I'm off! Off everything except fresh, juiced veggies and fruit that is.

Past experience has proven to me that I benefit greatly from fasting. I feel like a teenager, I slim down and I feel energetic beyond belief. My mood lifts, my optimism soars.

What I know about myself is that I LOVE food. I love wine. I love bread. I love cheese. I love all the things that do not help me to be healthier. And, I need to break the cycle of eating what doesn't serve me. And too much of it. More tomorrow, for now, I prep mentally and emotionally. Tomorrow, it's on!


No comments:

Post a Comment