Friday, January 14, 2011

Painting anger

In all the years I have been creating, I can honestly say I have in every case tried to make a pretty picture. Meaning, I haven't painted ugly thoughts, politically charged pieces, or created collages about tormented periods of my life. Recently I was reminded again that I have the option of using my talents to do just that - to paint my emotions that aren't so pretty, to paint anger. To get my feelings out, the good and the bad, through my art. So I sat out to do that. This is a piece about cracking open and talking about, releasing painful memories. I am still working on the piece and it's a bit like peeling back my skin to show this, but hey, it's part of me, and I have no idea where the piece is going.... it's a work in progress and its only purpose right now is to be an outlet. I have written many things on it, scratched some out, painted over some, written them again, and so forth. It is acrylic paint and collage. I will post an updated pic when I moved further on it.

3 comments:

  1. are you still angry? or did this work to get it all out? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all the years I have been creating, I can honestly say I have in every case tried to make a pretty picture. Meaning, I haven't painted ugly thoughts, politically charged pieces, or created collages about tormented periods of my life.
    Edmonton Painters
    Painters Edmonton

    ReplyDelete