Friday, October 5, 2012

DAY TWO

Tough night, lots of stress hit me hard and I felt like my day one was a wash.... meaning, I strayed a bit and so, today has got to tbe 100% committed. Must be. Will be. This morning, I juiced melon, lime, spinach, nectarine, a touch of ginger and celery. It was good. Off to do an hour long spin class. That will help my mood, I am sure!

I am going to keep writing about this because if I don't, I feel too isolated in the endeavor. I want to eat. I need to get past these first few days. I need a goal, so for now, I am not going to talk about 30 days, or 60 days. I am going to talk about the moment. TODAY I will only have juiced veggies with a touch of fruit. Today I will be gentle with myself and know that I am choosing this path, doing this for my health and well being.

It's now 10:32am and I just finished about 18 oz of juice: kale, spinach, carrots, parsley, cilantro, tomato with a touch of lemon and a tiny pinch of cayenne.

I know enough about how detoxing works in my body to understand why I keep having flashes of pure anger. It's toxins, or rather, the release of them. I know that when I basically drench my insides with pure, whole, live food that is nutrient dense, that it throws my body into a "shock" of sorts for the first few days. So, I am practicing patience with myself and the process. It ain't easy. But at the moment, having just finished the spin class (really tough) and feeling full of juice, I am satiated and doing OK :)

NEW NOTE: Last night I went with my son and boyfriend to a party we'd been invited to a month ago. It was called a "drum night" where we expected to do a drum circle, hang out. I knew it might be a challenge, so I came with coconut water and willpower on hand. We arrived and there were probably 20 people there. Immediately we were told, "Oh, didn't you know, we are serving dinner." They spent the next 4 hours preparing and serving course and course of breads, cheeses, wines, appetizers, then a huge, gourmet meal that was everything I love most in the world - veggies, salad, pasta and grilled chicken. I had to sit in another room, away from everyone while they ate, drank, laughed and talked because being that close to all of it on my second day was nearly unbearable.

I thought we were showing up to drum, so I figured we'd stay a couple of hours then be home in time for it not to be a big hit to me. The drumming didn't start until midnight and by that time, I was dizzy, irritable, and starving. I had nothing to drink for hours and I felt weak, so we had to go home instead of drumming - one of my favorite things to do. I was super disappointed, as I had been so excited to see my friends, hang out and drum. I went home, had about 8oz of juice, and fell asleep. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment