Saturday, December 26, 2009

Family reconnections

Since arriving in my home town about 3:45am on December 23, I have seen about 50 people. Literally. Groups of family, some of whom I haven't seen in many years, and a few friends. And there is more to come. It's been a great trip so far. Really glad I came. Doing a little drawing too - not great pics, but at least you can see.

I am sitting with my 22 year old niece, who is moving to Washington, DC Monday, to get her master's, and her grandmother, who is kind enough to let us stay with her while we're here. It's weird and wonderful to be home. Hard to describe. Griffen sleeps upstairs, as well as my husband. Not sure when I'll go to bed. I seem to be wide awake, reminiscing about the day. I go to visit my soon-to-be 86 year old grandmother tomorrow - the primary reason for our visit. She's beautiful and not sure who I am anymore, and that is sad. She's the closest thing I have to a mother and it's hard to see her slip away.
I am eternally grateful for all the years I had her in my life. She's an angel on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment