Friday, December 4, 2009

The importance of hard work

I spent the day - and I do mean literally, all day - cleaning my house. I scrubbed and mopped, and organized and dusted and vacuumed and literally cleaned for 7 hours straight, including doing about 8 loads of laundry. My son and husband worked as long outside, in our back yard, pulling weeds, raking leaves and sweeping. It was wonderful. We broke only to have a quick lunch and then wrapped by 5pm, when we all flopped into chairs, had dinner then set up and decorated our christmas tree and hung lights. It was (aside from a few minor meltdowns from our kiddo) one of the best days we've had in ages. Lots and lots of hard work and the reward? Tired, well-used bodies and a clean, warm and wonderful house, ready to face the week ahead. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment