Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nerves

Unraveled
More than before
Needing those blue pills
More and more.

Never so wary and shakey
Faith wavering – center not holding

Spinning, then spun
I am come undone and
I’m closer now
To an understanding

Of how this all began and
How
With the touch of a hand
And a word a world can change

Ten years are gone and a lifetime
Yet mine has truly begun
In my innocence found
A son and romantic notion

The price has been paid
Yet there’s more to come
Karma has been laid, and
I know I must burn
And bleed more than this

So the center must hold
And my mind musn’t break
Time after time I’ve had
All I can take
And now this too
shall wound me
But I will not break.

Unraveled, but not
Unwound
Still holding
Not making a sound

Calming down.
Calming down.

©2010 M Kyle Holingsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment