Sunday, October 3, 2010

Angel Boy

His voice is the angel
in my ear
it reminds me
I am here, alive and significant.
To someone.
To him.
He’s excited to tell me
the same three things
I love you
I playing
I having fun

The sound echoes all the sweetness
The world has to offer
Harnessed into those tiny words
Given to me over the airways

And it’s precious like gold
All I have to hold on to
To say that is real
And to help my heart heal

I want him here
Want him back with me
But my gift to him is to let him be
Without my pain and suffering
To have fun and joy
And miss this darkness

It’s raining here
And sunny there,
The way it should be
for him
My angel boy
My miracle

One day I’ll tell you
How I held on to hope just for you.
You gave that to me
By coming to be

I love you
They can’t take that
Away from me…
Our song – who’d have known?

©2010 M Kyle Hollingsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment