Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pivotal

How many moments in life leave you thinking, "This is big, everything will be different after this"? I have been fortunate enough to have many of those experiences, whether they be the death of my mother when I was eight, or tragic events during my childhood and adult life, meeting incredible people, or having profound spiritual experiences. In particular, I can say that the past year has been huge for me. Whether it's just that I am ready for more now, being older now, and more mature, or whether things have simply reached a critical mass, I have had a sequence of moments and events that have completely changed my view of LIFE, what it is, what my purpose is, what GOD is, and how I feel about living and about dying. I am now, in the wake of the past year and all it's financial impact, my dear friends dying and getting sick before my eyes, my own self-discovery, seeing my life as new and realizing that now is the moment to really take stock and seize every precious drop of joy and experience that I can while I am here. I am somehow, after a life of insecurity, of self-doubt and confusion, realizing that I am in fact, blessed with huge talents, with an open and loving heart and with health, and I have got to use it all now, while I can. I am making a promise, a vow to myself to LOVE me, to celebrate me, and to embrace all that I am. A mother, a friend, a wife, an artist, a singer, a writer, a designer, a creative, vibrant force. A quirky, complicated, sometimes sad, sometimes giddy, fault-laden, really very kind, but sometimes awkward and lonely, incredibly creative spirit having a human experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment